Established on April Nineteenth, Twenty Twelve.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Established on April Nineteenth, Twenty Twelve.

Membership Goal: (15/20)

Burnesrael was elected Chief Justice.
Telegram Laxabros on NationStates, or PM LAX on the forums to vote for Member of the Month!
Laxabros is the new President of the region!
Frankish acquitted in Criminal Court.
Fuck you bitch!

Poll

Should we make this Constitution the official governing document of our region?
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_left67%Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_right 67% [ 2 ]
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_left33%Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_right 33% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Top posters

Burnesrael (113)
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_leftProposal: 14 day terms for Senators BarProposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_right 
LAX (97)
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_leftProposal: 14 day terms for Senators BarProposal: 14 day terms for Senators Bar_right 
Telgan (61)
Binefield (24)
Zanzar II (11)
Frankish (7)
King Ceaser (7)
FLVinBri (5)
Delta Force (4)
Krutokz (2)

Latest topics

» reply if you aren't dead
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:43 am by Telgan

» WA Delegate as Chief Justice
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm by Burnesrael

» The West Pacific
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:44 am by LAX

» Move to a 7 day voting system for Senators
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 pm by Burnesrael

» Let's Boost Recruitment!
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 pm by Telgan

» Repeal "Habeas Corpus Act"
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:56 pm by Burnesrael

» Response to Senate Forum Topic "Poll: Hear from you"
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:05 pm by Telgan

» Public Vote by Senators
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:00 pm by Burnesrael

» Signatures in forum
Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:08 pm by Burnesrael

3 posters

Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators

Burnesrael
    Burnesrael
    WA Delegate/Chief Justice

Nation Reputation : 11

Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Empty Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators

Post  Burnesrael Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 pm

I'd like to make another proposal.

Lax, you have said that you wanted to make the Senate election the glory of this region. You'd like every nation to aspire to hold a senate seat.

Why not make those seats more accessible? And give us more elections to follow and become enthralled with.

I propose that every other Saturday we hold Senatorial elections. In a game such as NationStates, 30 days is a long, long time. We'd be impeaching (or however you get rid of a senator) dead senators left and right. All this would happen while other nations want in on the glory. They won't wait 30 days for another election. They'll lose hope and leave the region.

Even 14 day terms are quite a long wait between elections. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I fear that weekly elections would dissolve the Senate into an endless stream of campaigns. Once a senator is elected, he would have to immediately start a campaign for the next week. The process would be hindered too much.

I'm asking for a definite reduction to 14 day terms, and maybe even 7 (depending on how the people feel).

This would increase activity in our region, and also organization. Having elections every other Saturday, as opposed to a random day of the week on a set date of the month, is more organized and allows players to have the most time for elections. (Real world warning) My logic is that a kid playing nationstates has more time on the weekend to play, rather than on a random weekday.

We could open the polls on the Friday beforehand and end them Saturday night at midnight. Live debates and such would take place Saturday night. OR if more people would rather do it Sunday night that would work as well. I would be more willing to prefer a Sunday night debate process, as I'm usually out Saturday nights and home Sunday nights.

Any ideas/additions/subtractions?

Burnesrael
    WA Delegate TWS
    LAX
    LAX
    Founder
    Founder

Nation Reputation : 4

Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Empty Re: Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators

Post  LAX Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm all for this proposal.

That clears up a lot of confusion for the awkward 30 day term. And I agree, we all have more time on the weekends, (AKA the research paper I'm supposed to be writing right now Laughing )

I would have no problem changing that in the Constitution.

If we added that, here's the other terms:

President: 60 days
    VP: 60 days
    Chief Justice: 90 days
    WA Delegate: 30, (first saturday of every month?)
    Senator: 14

We could even simplify this even more. All the elections would either be on the first or third Saturday of the Month, or our "Election Days."

Example:
    Election Day 1: (May 5th) Every position is elected.

Election Day 2: (May 19th) Senate only.

Election Day 3: (June 2nd) Senate/WA Delegate.

etc.

I really like that idea!
    Burnesrael
    Burnesrael

Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators Empty Re: Proposal: 14 day terms for Senators

Post  Burnesrael Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm

I think we could further add to the fun by splitting up what elections happened on each day.
    Would you rather have all of your fun one day then wait for 2 weeks for the next fun? I'd rather have senate the 1st and 3rd Saturday, and have Prez elections the 2nd Saturday of every other month, and have WA delegate the 4th Saturday of each month.

Or we could totally break it up by week, because there are certain awkward months with 5 saturdays, so we'd be waiting extra time for the 1st saturday of the next month if the election season is based on the assumption that there are 4 saturdays every month.

Maybe;
    Week 1 = senate
    Week 2 = Prez
    week 3 = senate
    Week 4 = WA Delegate

We could also reduce the Presidential term to every 4 saturdays (28 days) because if 30 days is a long time to wait, then 60 will be forever. Unless of course you want the Senate elections to be the basis of fun for the political system
    LAX
    LAX
    Founder
    Founder

Post  LAX Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Burnesrael wrote:I think we could further add to the fun by splitting up what elections happened on each day.
    Would you rather have all of your fun one day then wait for 2 weeks for the next fun? I'd rather have senate the 1st and 3rd Saturday, and have Prez elections the 2nd Saturday of every other month, and have WA delegate the 4th Saturday of each month.
    That's a good idea. Let me plan this out for May then, if we did this.

May 5th: 2nd Senator Elections
    May 12th: 2nd Presidential Elections
    May 19th: 3rd Senator Elections
    May 26th: 2nd WA Delegate Elections

Like this?
    Burnesrael
    Burnesrael

Post  Burnesrael Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Yeah that looks pretty dang good
    Binefield
    Binefield
    Nation
    Nation

Nation Reputation : 3

Post  Binefield Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Yes, elections are sharply organized.
    LAX
    LAX
    Founder
    Founder

Post  LAX Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Burnesrael wrote:Yeah that looks pretty dang good

I'll put it in the draft to give to the Senate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 am